Volunteer Cornwall (VC) is an organisation dedicated to developing active and engaged citizens through volunteering. Our Volunteer Centres, situated in Liskeard, St Austell and Redruth, match people who want to volunteer with organisations that need volunteers. We employ 47 staff and have an annual turnover of £2.7m.
We have a range of projects and services – all designed to support and develop volunteers and host organisations.
Examples of the work that VC undertakes are:
- Transport – VC run a social transport scheme with around 270 drivers doing approx. 2 million miles per year transporting children, elderly and vulnerable people to and from essential services and appointments.
- Training – the training team work with individuals and organisations to meet their training needs with a cost effective and appropriate training plan.
- Time Banks – We have Time Banks in 7 locations across Cornwall. People exchanging their skills through the currency of time.
- Last Minute Hero’s – responding to specific emergency events
- Winter Friends – assisting vulnerable people over the winter period
- Bbass – Bereavement Befriending Advocacy Support Service
- Viva – an initiative supported by the Cornwall Council, Adult Care and Support. The project focuses on people with a physical, mental, learning or sensory disability. Viva finds volunteering opportunities for people who may never have volunteered before, but have an incredible amount to give. Viva works very closely with Cornwall Council Learning Disabilities Service (Community and Support Service) who fully support and endorse the APJ application. CaSS supports people with high and acute needs. Viva and CaSS will work together to support people in communicating their positives life journeys and stories. This will be done using various communication forms; verbal, written, easy read, sign and photographs and video.
VC has extensive networks throughout Cornwall, as evidenced by the above. In addition, VC has very close links with the Eden Project, St Austell, Cornwall, where the final dissemination event will be held. The Eden Project hosts a wide range of transformative projects and programmes, including work on climate and environment, people and learning, and places and regeneration. It will provide a perfect high profile, media receptive, backdrop to the finale of the project.
VC will be responsible for Project Dissemination and play an active role in all partnership activities; VC will host Huddle Communication platform.
Acorn House, Heron Way
Mr Terence Stanton (Projects and Services Manager)
Tel: 01872 266992, 01872265305 or Mob: 07866536735
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com